Including Open Innovation and Impact in Funding Proposals
When: Mon, 29.01.2024 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM
Where: Hamburg Research Academy, Gorch-Fock-Wall 7, 20354 Hamburg
Open innovation and impact-oriented research practices seek to improve the transparency, trustworthiness, reusability, and accessibility of scientific findings for the research community and society as a whole. The interdisciplinary and interactive training invites early career researchers to gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the rising demands of "Open Innovation" in funding scenarios, including stakeholder engagement strategies and "Impact"-oriented proposal design.
The dialogue-oriented training will empower participants via a mix of input, reflections and practical sessions. A major goal of the training will be to enable participants to meet the requirements of impact-oriented, open innovation processes in national and international funding programs.
- Overview of trends in national and European funding scenarios
- Making research "reusable": how to design a "Research Transparency Statement" in proposals
- Introduction to "Impact"-oriented proposal designs
- Introduction to "Open Innovation": term, meaning, relevance in research assessment
- Measures to maximize "Impact": communication, dissemination and exploitation strategies in research proposals
- Practical tips and tricks on writing proposals with a focus on "Impact" and "Openness"
HRA’s Project for Research Communication: This event is part of a larger research communication project which is funded by the Claussen-Simon-Stiftung.
The event is open to all users of the Hamburg Research Academy, participation is free of charge. Please register here.
Target group: doctoral and early career researchers