Project, Time and Self-Management
When: Tue, 30.01.2024 9:00 AM until Wed, 31.01.2024 3:00 PM
Where: Hamburg Research Academy, Digital
When doctoral researchers take the next step in their career, they may move into new positions where self-awareness and self-management is a fundamental prerequisite, be it in public research or industry. Polls have shown that while their scientific competence is usually good, most of the times these researchers need to improve their capacity in project, time, and self-management to deliver a successful performance. Thus, scientists should always learn and improve their organizational and communication skills, understand time and project management and know how to manage themselves in order to deliver a successful performance.
- Adopt a mindset that is self-aware and sensitive to diverse people in different settings
- Consider alternative perspectives (from supervisor, coworkers, etc.)
- Understand system dynamics and complexity of issues and actors
- Develop a reflective practice of learning
- Work towards constructive outcomes through collaborative processes in science
- Use theory to inform their understanding while applying pragmatic approaches
The event is open to all users of the Hamburg Research Academy, participation is free of charge. Please register here.
Target group: doctoral researchers, postdocs