HRA Spotlight – Active Bystander Training
When: Thu, 07.03.2024 2:00 PM until 3:30 PM
Where: Hamburg Research Academy, Digital
The Active Bystander training program aims to empower doctoral and early career researchers to challenge poor behaviors, and bring about cultural change through the reinforcement of messages defining the boundaries of unacceptable behavior.
- An understanding of what bystander apathy is and the importance of being an active bystander
- Learn skills and techniques to positively challenge bullying, harassment, micro-aggressions and other inappropriate behaviors
- Agreed steps to take to be an effective bystander
- Decision-making techniques to help delegates overcome fear and self-doubt when faced with a challenging situation
- Assertiveness techniques to give delegates confidence and tools to speak out, whether they are dealing with the challenge directly or calling for help from others
HRA Spotlight: The Hamburg Research Academy offers regular short information sessions on topics central to the doctoral and the postdoctoral career phase. Experts provide basic information and answer your questions.
The event is open to all users of the Hamburg Research Academy, participation is free of charge, please register here.
Target group: doctoral researchers, postdocs