Getting started with Fiona
Find all important information before using Fiona, the web content management system, for the first time.
- To register for Fiona, send an email to the Education Media Center( medienzentrum.ew"AT"uni-hamburg.de).
- IMPORTANT: Always provide your username (B-Kennung) and the area of the home page that you want access to.
- Student assistants also need to submit an informal application from their supervisor or from the relevant front office.
- Once you have registered, you can log into Fiona.
- The content management system can be accessed via the University’s network only. Therefore, if you wish to access the system from home, you must first set up a VPN.
- Before you get started with Fiona, we recommend that you attend the basic Fiona course and the advanced Fiona course run by the MMKH (in German). Register for the course(s).
4. Regulations and guidelines
- The use of the Fiona web content management system is subject to the regulations and guidelines of Universität Hamburg and the RRZ. Find more information on these.
- If you are planning a new website with its own domain, you will find all the necessary information on this page.
5. Helping you help yourself
- Find additional information about templates and functions, instructions, and an FAQ on the Fiona page.
- However, if you are still have problems with Fiona, contact the Education Media Center( medienzentrum.ew"AT"uni-hamburg.de).