PIASTA (Intercultural Living and Learning)
PIASTA’s program is devoted to intercultural exchange and transcultural life at Universität Hamburg. Every semester, PIASTA tutors invite all Universität Hamburg students to Welcome Week—fostering active international campus life with roughly 100 events and activities.
PIASTA offers all Universität Hamburg students rooms and opportunities to
- get to know students from all over the world
- actively participate in the internationalization of degree programs and the campus
- view the world from different perspectives
- further develop your general study skills and intercultural sensitization.
PIASTA’s rich program is divided into the following categories:
- Welcome Week
- Welcome Buddy Program
- Cultural events and leisure activities
- Intercultural PIASTA Evening
- Seminars and workshops
- Language learning opportunities
- Advising services
PIASTA welcomes all students regardless of nationality, (trans)cultural identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, social background, religion, and ideology.