Research in History Education at Universität Hamburg
Our academic work and research is not limited to a certain part of society. Nevertheless, history teaching and learning in school always play a central role, since History Education and Didactics traditionally are highly connected with this field. The key aspects of our research are
- Historical Consciousness („Geschichtsbewusstsein“, especially major international research project ‘YOUTH and HISTORY’, 1993-1997)
- Intercultural History Learning / Postcolonial Memory Culture (e.g. seminars and student exchange with Tansania and Ghana)
- History Culture / Memorial Education (cooperation with concentration camp memorial Neuengamme; international research project ‘TeacMem’ 2009-2013)
- Competencies and their Assessment (Central participation in developing the competence-model of the FUER-group, 2001-2006 („Kompetenzstrukturmodell“); participation in the development of a test for large-scale assessments in the HiTCH project, 2012-2015)
- Inclusion and History Learning (e.g. participation in the current ProfaLe project, Faculty of Education)
An overview of our research projects since 1988 can be found here.